A Higher Purpose: Why We Do this
Putting on an annual event like “The Christmas Shop” at Middleburg Marketplace takes lots of time and energy. We do this work because we truly believe that it serves a higher purpose.
Putting on an annual event like “The Christmas Shop” at Middleburg Marketplace takes lots of time and energy. We do this work because we truly believe that it serves a higher purpose. With that thought in mind, this year we adopted the tagline “Curated Shopping for a Cause” because we think it captures the spirit with which we approach what we are doing. 100% of the fees we earn go towards local community nonprofits such as...
- Seven Loaves, an ecumenical, faith-based food pantry dedicated to providing nutritious food to those in need in Middleburg and the surrounding area;
- Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter (LAWS), which provides free and confidential services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse;
- A Place To Be, which helps people face, navigate, and overcome life’s challenges using clinically based practices of music therapy;
- Blue Ridge Hospice, offers quality end-of-life care to individuals and families facing serious illness and support anyone in our community affected by death, dying and loss;
- The Rector’s Discretionary Fund, which offers emergency help to people with urgent medical bills, prescription payments, rent, and utility bills; and
- Windy Hill Foundation, which provides safe, decent, and affordable housing to low and lower-income families and the elderly in Loudoun and Fauquier counties; and
- Emmanuel Episcopal Church, for maintenance of the historic church building and parish house which has been part of the fabric of the Middleburg community since 1842.
Come shop with us and help us make a difference in the lives of those in need!